What is Chlorine Dioxide?
Chlorine Dioxide (ClO2) also known as Clear, is a chemical compound with the formula ClO2. This yellowish-green gas crystallizes as bright orange crystals at 59 °C. As one of several oxides of chlorine. Therefore, it is a potent and useful oxidizing agent used in water treatment.
Chlorine Dioxide Proven Uses
Chlorine Dioxide (ClO2), branded as Clear has been successfully proven in:
- Increase in Waste & Potable water Micro Compliance
- Disinfection at municipalities and boreholes for drinking water
- Colour, odour and taste removal
- UF and RO feed, iron and manganese oxidation
- Improved clarification to reduce turbidity
- Up to 60% reduction of TOC in clarification process
The Benefits Chlorine Dioxide?
Firstly, Chlorine Dioxide (ClO2), known as Clear acts by first destroying the cell membrane, then the nucleus of the bacteria by chemical oxidation; not chlorination. Because the organism is totally destroyed no resistant strains can develop which enables chlorine dioxide to be used on a continuous basis without the need for alternating biocides.
Secondly, It is a fast acting and extremely effective biocide, functioning as a highly selective oxidizer with less environmental impact.
In addition, Chlorine Dioxide (ClO2) minimizes wasteful reactions, which means a more proficient disinfection / oxidizing agent for your treatment regime.
Why Use Chlorine Dioxide
Numerous projects later, we have found the perfect balance between reliable components, cost-effective precursor chemicals, performance-based methodologies and good maintenance practices, to create generators that lead to 100% compliance to local authoritarian regulations for consumption of potable water.
Our Approach to Chlorine Dioxide (Clear)
Nanotech has been involved in Chlorine Dioxide (ClO2) generation for years, building systems locally, and testing all the chemical reaction technologies. Each one of these technologies has its own unique advantages and disadvantages. So, Nanotech re-engineered Chlorine Dioxide generation methods to adapt to changing customer requirements and sensitivity to dangerous byproducts and contaminants added to their processes. Thus, we rebranded our Chlorine Dioxide (ClO2) solution and renamed it Clear.
So it only made sense to learn from all the good systems and develop a superior system, fit for the African market!
As the market leader, Nanotech sets the trends when locally manufacturing Chlorine Dioxide for the local and international markets. The technologies within our product portfolio are:
- Ion Exchange & Catalyst Technology
- 3 Precursor Technology
- 2 Precursor Technology
- Dilute / Concentrate
- Chlorine Gas & Sodium Chlorite
Some of the Nanotech Chlorine Dioxide Generator Advantages:
The aim in installing a Clear Generator Is to maximise the Chlorine Dioxide production, whilst cutting down on chemical transport cost. Allowing for the most cost effective solutions, with the greatest efficiencies.
We have found the perfect balance between reliable components, cost-effective precursor chemicals, performance-based methodologies and good maintenance practices, to create generators that lead to 100% compliance to local authoritarian regulations for consumption of potable water. Our Advantages are as follows:
- Chemical Conversion efficiency of 98.5%
- Less components which can fail
- Zero sodium ion in product
- Dangerous byproducts eliminated, below detection level
- Only one precursor and one regeneration chemical
- Corrosiveness significantly reduced
- Clear gas dissolved in water to safe levels
- Transportation of chemicals significantly reduced (huge hidden cost if not made aware and using dilute concentrations)
- Very safe process and very low inventory of ClO2 solution in reactor
- No free Chlorine in product – HUGE ADVANTAGE for membranes and resin applications
- Increase in safety
- Ease of use
- Remote monitoring
- Data logging and reference
- SMS notifications
- Chlorate levels minimized, almost eliminated due to pH during the manufacturing process
In summary, Chlorine Dioxide (ClO2) has CLEAR advantages over Chlorine. For instance, Chlorine Dioxide is more effective, less cost and kind to the environment. In addition, Chlorine Dioxide helps with disinfection at municipalities and boreholes for drinking water and assist
Enquire Now or Contact Gideon Reyneke at +27 76 892 9146
• TECHNOLOGY DEPENDANT WHEN APPLYING THE RIGHT TECHNOLOGY SOLUTION TO A SITE