Our response to Covid-19
Activate your complimentary chlorine dioxide fill up today, LIKE, SHARE AND COMMENT with your company name on Facebook, or Twitter, and expect to be contacted by the Nanotech team with more details regarding collection.
Our response to Covid-19 | Complimentary surface disinfectant for SMME’s
To assist in the start-up of our economy and to curb the spread of Covid-19, Nanotech is giving SMME’s in Gauteng a complimentary disinfectant to be used as a surface disinfectant or as required.
The product is Chlorine Dioxide will be in a concentrated form of 3000 parts per million (ppm); which can be diluted down 15 – 20 times for surface use and sprays. Each litre of the product will give you 15 litres to use and each business entity will be provided with 2 litres of the product.
Business entities are requested to bring their own clearly marked containers to the Nanotech premises for a chlorine dioxide fill up, on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s between 08:00 & 12:00. Only 2 litres will be given per SMME; this is to protect your workers and staff and not for commercial resale or distribution.
In case you are wondering what this product is, below are a few references for you to read through instead of “blindly” using the product as a disinfectant. It’s important that you do your own research before you use recommended products from those in “power”. This also applies to the use of chlorine dioxide.
We really hope this will make a difference in your workplaces, by protecting your teams from viral contamination, not just Covid-19.
Some references for your information. Extensive research will bring about countless literature on the disadvantages and advantages of chlorine dioxide, however, THE CHOICE IS YOURS.
- Guideline for Disinfection and Sterilization in Healthcare Facilities, 2008 Update: May 2019, ” chlorine dioxide solutions at either 600 ppm or 30 ppm killed Mycobacterium avium-intracellulare within 60 seconds after contact but contamination by organic material significantly affected the microbicidal properties”
- Personally I do not publicly recommend the internal/oral use of chlorine dioxide (BUT, I have done it before at my own risk) Despite all the comments there is a clinical trial on the go as we speak, to test the oral consumption of 30 ppm of CHLORINE DIOXIDE in one litre per day. See: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04343742
- CAAC: Preventing Spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Guideline for Airports Fourth Edition:
- 8.1 Daily Preventative Cleaning and Disinfection Preventative cleaning and disinfection of airport public areas should be conducted.
- 8.1.1 Air disinfection: use natural ventilation where conditions allow; air conditioning ventilation should be enhanced, and exhaust fans should be cleaned and disinfected once a month. 250 mg/L to 500 mg/L chlorine disinfectant or 250 mg/L chlorine dioxide spray could be applied for reaction for no less than 30 minutes, and 2% hydrogen peroxide with 10ml/m3 ultra-low volume spray could be used in key areas for 60 minutes. Ventilation is needed when disinfection is completed.
- 8.1.2 Surface disinfection: crowded places and high-touch surfaces (such as self-check-in or check-in counters, document verification counters, buttons in elevators, and handrails) should be the focuses. 250 mg/L to 500 mg/L chlorine-based disinfectant or 250 mg/L chlorine dioxide spray could be used together when wiping.”
There is enough evidence available, do your research before you use anything. Make sure you have the facts before you apply chlorine dioxide or any other chemical, during and after the Covid-19 pandemic. Based on the sensitivity and cost of current chemicals in use, we reckon it warrants the investigation of alternatives; which will be way better in performance, cost-effectiveness and above all, safe to the community and our people.
Activate your complimentary chlorine dioxide fill up today, LIKE, SHARE AND COMMENT with your company name on Facebook or Twitter, and expect to be contacted by the Nanotech team with more details regarding collection.
Nanotech Premise Address: 37 Rabie Street, Fontainebleu, Randburg, Johannesburg
Tel: 011 792 1440