Sewage Treatment Plants 100% Compliance
How much is the non-compliance of your sewage treatment plant costing you?
Here is what you shouldn’t be paying for:
- Fines for legal non-compliance.
- Lawsuits from individuals made ill by improperly treated sewage.
- Lawsuits from environmental and conservation groups.
- Absenteeism of sick employees.
- Boycotts of your products.
- Lost revenue due to environmentally legal stop-work orders.
The cost of non-compliance is far greater than that of a quality sewage treatment system.
Sewage treatment SAFF technology
The law requires that all sewage be treated
- Water is a precious resource. Wildlife and fisheries depend on sufficient water. By law, all sewage must be treated.
- You want to be a good corporate citizen. Your brand suffers when people complain about the smell from your sewage treatment operation.
- Health and safety. If your employees and the people that live near your operations get sick, you do not only suffer reputational damage, but you can be liable for huge fines and levies if your sewage is not treated in compliance with regulations.
The law requires it! Non-compliance costs much more than our sewage treatment systems.
What is sewage treatment compliance?
Compliance is the ability to consistently achieve results aligned with the requirements of the government, your clients, and the community.
When you work with Nanotech, compliance takes on a bigger meaning:
- Compliance with reliability standards – your sewage treatment system will be reliable in operation, with maximised uptime and maintained outlet compliance.
- Compliance with maintainability standards – your system will be assembled from equipment that is easily maintained, with readily available spare parts.
- Compliance with quality standards – as a company working in compliance with ISO 9001-2015, Nanotech ensures that your system will comply with fabrication and operational quality requirements. Your sewage treatment system is a capital expense and our adherence to the relevant standards ensures that it will achieve its design life and be money well spent.
- Compliance with ease of operations – your system will be easy to operate, so that your operators can spend their time working instead of managing your sewage treatment system.
We define compliance the way you need it to be!
Can a septic tank produce compliant effluent? No, it cannot.
Many institutions use only a septic tank to treat their sewage but that does not produce compliant effluent. Compliant effluent requires significant reductions in organic contaminants measured by chemical oxygen demand (COD) and biological oxygen demand (BOD).
It also requires significant reductions in nutrients like ammonia (NH3), nitrates (NO3), and phosphates (PO4).
A septic tank on its own cannot achieve compliance with the specifications.
Can you upgrade your septic tank to be compliant? Yes, you can!
If your business produces sewage and you are currently only treating it with a septic tank, there is a solution.
Our packaged sewage treatment systems include a septic tank as one of the several steps needed to produce compliant effluent. We can add our package system to your upgraded septic tank, bringing your system into compliance.
Septic tank view for wastewater plant
How do you need to treat your sewage to comply with the law?
In short, the specifications require a reduction in chemical oxygen demand (COD) and biological oxygen demand (BOD), total suspended solids (TSS), and nutrients like ammonia (NH3), nitrates (NO3), and phosphates (PO4).
Our turnkey packaged sewage treatment systems are based on the preferred technology known as a submerged aerated fixed film (SAFF) system. This uses an attached growth process consisting of:
- Initial screening via a septic tank where large solids are separated from the liquid.
- Carbon removal and nitrification performed in the recycle tank and SAFF unit.
- Smaller solids removed in the secondary settlement tank.
- Chlorination is the final step, where the effluent is disinfected.
We supply SAFF units because:
- They are easy to operate, requiring little operator intervention.
- They use less power than other methods.
- They offer consistent effluent quality.
- They produce very little sludge, and
- They are extremely well suited to remote operations.
Why is activated-sludge (AS) technology NOT ideal for packaged sewage treatment units?
While some companies may use activated sludge instead of SAFF, it requires far more energy, produces a lot more sludge, and requires constant operator attention. That’s why Nanotech chose SAFF as the preferred technology for our packaged sewage treatment plants.
SAFF is a more efficient solution.
SAFF gives a 95% reduction in BOD/COD and a 60% energy saving over AS plants.
The SAFF sewage treatment system is a biological treatment process using a submerged aerated biofilter with attached growth process. The high-rate biological oxidation process is performed using an extremely efficient SAFF with a very high specific surface area. The SAFF sewage treatment plant can deliver a final effluent that is low in COD/BOD, total suspended solids, ammonia, nitrogen, and phosphates.
Control room for sewage plant
The most typical applications of Nanotech’s Compliance SAFF sewage plants
The market requires a robust, reliable, and easy-to-operate solution. Our SAFF units are ideally suited to the following applications:
- Shopping centres
- Hotels and holiday resorts
- Mining camps
Our SAFF sewage treatment units do not require skilled personnel. Typically, only one operator is required to do checks during the day.
Our SAFF technology is, without a doubt, the best solution for your sewage treatment needs.
Settler and disinfection view